Victor Dietz, Q.C.
|Direct Line:||(306) 347-2104|
|Fax No.:||(306) 352-0771|
|PDF | Vcard ||
Practice Focus and Background
Victor (Vic) started with Olive Waller Zinkhan and Waller LLP in 1983. In 1988 he became a partner and has practiced primarily in the area of Debtor/Creditor & Insolvency Law on behalf of a number of financial institutions and particularly credit unions in the Province of Saskatchewan.
In 2010 Vic left the partnership of Olive Waller Zinkhan & Waller LLP and was appointed Counsel to the firm and acts in that regard while also providing legal services to the Law Society of Saskatchewan as a Practice Advisor and as counsel for The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, which hosts the JUNO Awards each year.
While serving as President of the Law Society of Saskatchewan and as a member of the Provincial Access to Justice Task Force, Vic was instrumental in creating Pro Bono Law Saskatchewan (PBLS) as a response to the Task Force Report. He was a founding Director as well as the first President of PBLS. He continues to serve as President of PBLS.
Education and Professional
- Appointed Queen's Counsel, 2006
- Admitted to the Law Society of Saskatchewan, 1983
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Saskatchewan, 1982
Professional Associations/Community Activities
- President, Pro Bono Law Saskatchewan (PBLS)
- Bencher, Law Society of Saskatchewan, concluding in 2009
- Former President of the Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Former Commissioner with the Saskatchewan Legal Aid Commission
- Former member, Provincial Court Judicial Council
- Former member, Law Society Representative on the Provincial Access to Justice Task Force
Vic has also served on a number of committees, including Provincial Court's Judges Sub-Committee on Appointing a Chief Judge of the Court.
Please contact Vic Dietz for more detailed information.