|Direct Line:||(306) 347-2109|
|PDF | Vcard ||
- Credit Union Law
- Debtor/Creditor & Insolvency Law
- Employment Law
- Labour Law
- Real Estate (Residential)
Practice Focus & Background:
Shelley has an extensive legal practice in the area of employment law. She advises both employers and employees in relation to dismissal cases, workplace conflict and harassment disputes, employee illness and disability issues and workplace accommodations. She has represented clients in the area of human rights, from the initial complaint stage under The Saskatchewan Human Rights Code up to the adjudication of complaints by the Saskatchewan Human Rights Tribunal. Shelley has also performed harassment investigations for employers.
Shelley’s labour law practice has involved acting for both management and union clients in grievance and arbitration proceedings pursuant to various collective bargaining agreements. She has also been involved in cases before the Saskatchewan Labour Relations Board, including union certifications and unfair labour practice complaints.
The other primary areas of Shelley’s practice are in Debtor/Creditor & Insolvency Law and Credit Union Law. Shelley counsels clients in the area of loan enforcement and realization, in the personal/residential, corporate/commercial and agriculture settings. Her work in these areas also includes assisting clients with drafting and preparation of loan and security documents.
Shelley also practices in the firm’s full-service real estate team, focusing primarily on residential real estate.
Education & Professional:
- Admitted to the Law Society of Saskatchewan 1994
- Juris Doctor (Law), University of Saskatchewan, 1993
- Bachelor of Arts Degree (Sociology), University of Saskatchewan, 1990
Professional Associations/Community Activities:
Canadian Bar Association (Saskatchewan Branch), member
- Previously held positions of Secretary and Vice-Chair of the CBA (SK Branch) Administrative/Labour Law (North) Section
- Regina Bar Association, member
- Past Board member, Saskatchewan Science Centre
Presentations & Publications:
- Shelley has given numerous presentations to clients and organizations on such topics as workplace harassment, structuring employment contracts and Labour Standards Act issues.
Please contact Shelley Joyce for more detailed information.