|Direct Line:||(306) 347-2106|
|Fax No.:||(306) 352-0771|
|PDF | Vcard ||
Practice Focus and Background
Pat began practising law with Olive Waller Zinkhan & Waller in 1988 and joined the partnership in 1993. She obtained her law degree, with distinction, in 1987 from the University of Saskatchewan and subsequently served as law clerk to the Chief Justice of Saskatchewan at the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal.
Pat is the Chair of the Law Foundation of Saskatchewan, an organization established under The Legal Profession Act for the purpose of establishing and maintaining a fund to be used for legal education and research, legal aid, law libraries and law reform.
In 2005, Pat was recognized by Saskatchewan Business Magazine as one of Saskatchewan’s most influential women. In the same year she was a recipient of the Saskatchewan Centennial Medal.
Pat practices with the firm's Credit Union, Employment, Real Estate and Debtor/Creditor & Insolvency Law teams. Her practice primarily focuses on credit unions and includes drafting periodic Lending Information Bulletins for distribution throughout the Saskatchewan credit union system and authoring both the Credit Union Lending Security Guide and the Credit Union Account Opening and Deposit Documentation Manual. She advises SaskCentral and individual credit unions on a variety of issues. Pat’s practice also includes commercial financing and real estate.
Education and Professional
- Admitted to the Law Society of Saskatchewan, 1988
- Bachelor of Laws (with Distinction), University of Saskatchewan, 1987
Professional Associations/Community Activities:
- Chair of the Law Foundation of Saskatchewan
- Member of the Canadian and Regina Bar Associations
- Past Chair of the Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan Branch, Business Law South section
- Past Chair, Vice Chair of SaskPower’s Board of Directors
- Past Chair of the Governance Committee for SaskPower.
- Member and previously sat on Board of Directors of Women Entrepreneurs of Saskatchewan Inc.
- Past President, Board of Directors of Regina Education and Action on Child Hunger (REACH) and Youth Unlimited of Regina.
- Former part-time member of the Saskatchewan Municipal Board, Assessment Appeals Committee.
As part of Pat’s practice she has also designs and facilitates various credit union focused education courses which she delivers throughout the Saskatchewan Credit Union system as well as in the provinces of Alberta and Manitoba. Her courses include: Lending Security Guide and the Law, the Law of Lending in the Agricultural Sector, Credit Union Account Opening, Estate Administration Law for Credit Unions and Credit Union Deposit Services – Managing the Risk. In addition, she has lectured on many other facets of banking law, including commercial lending, enforcement, privacy, money laundering, family trusts and numerous other loan and deposit related issues.
Please contact Pat Quaroni for more detailed information.